Even though I have been bowling since I was young, I am constantly learning new things. As I bowl on more difficult patterns with a diverse population of bowlers, unique situations present themselves that I yet to see. This week's challenge was tackling the use of urethane equipment on a long, high volume pattern. Generally, on these patterns, most bowlers will use reactive resin based equipment. This tends to pull oil out of the lane, while only presenting a minimal amount of carry down. When urethane is used, the oil tends to get pushed down the lane in streaks. Now, I am not against the use of urethane, but I need to know how to bowl with it. Game one was a pure struggle because I didn't understand how that ball was actually affecting the lanes. In order to combat this, I moved in three with my feet and two with my eyes. After this move, the lanes tended to hold pretty well until that spot dried up. Thereafter, I moved back right and pulled out my least aggressive ball, playing straight on the pattern. This additionally, worked out very well. Generally, I was hoping for better results, but lessons learned are extremely valuable. Again, the spare game is key...that would have made a difference....if I wasn't so frustrated.